Associate, Pender Ventures
Pender Ventures is seeking an Associate to join us in Q1 2024 to represent the team in the province of Alberta. This role will be based in Alberta. The Associate will support our investment team across the full lifecycle of the investing process, from sourcing and diligence through portfolio support and reporting.
About Pender Ventures Pender Ventures invests in a concentrated selection of B2B and health-focused technology companies at their inflection point to scale. We thrive on working alongside entrepreneurs, technologists and management teams as partners executing on a plan, applying a scale-up framework and diversity influence to drive top-quartile returns and create tangible impact. Integrity, transparency and alignment are the guiding values that drive us.
Your responsibilities will include:
Sourcing, managing and maintaining detailed pipelines of prospects; Performing market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities.
Supporting team activities working under the guidance of senior investment team members:Meeting with companies and supporting all aspects of the diligence process. Developing reports for portfolio companies reflecting both operational and financial performance.
Networking with key stakeholders in the technology ecosystem and peers at other venture capital firms; Representing Pender Ventures at industry conferences, events and other networking opportunities.
Contributing to LP reporting and communications, along with other projects as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, STEM degree or technology background is preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a business analyst or related role within a private equity, investment banking, strategy consultancy or ecosystem organization (venture incubator, innovation hub, entrepreneurship program).
- Experience conducting and presenting analysis using a range of data sources; or interest in developing advanced analytics skills, learning new digital / data tools, etc.
- Broad understanding of new technologies and the startup company life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of financial statements, financial concepts, and financial modeling.
- Strong business acumen and judgement.
- Ability to communicate insights in a clear and well-structured manner.
- Excellent project management and execution skills.
- High levels of curiosity, discipline, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to join a high-performing, diverse and passionate team committed to supporting technology companies.
- Competitive compensation with the opportunity to participate in carried interest.
Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion:
Pender is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that recognizes and values differences. It is a core principle at Pender that an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace simply makes us better. A diverse team with a range of knowledge and experience makes better decisions, which means better results for our stakeholders. We do not discriminate on any basis and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. When selecting candidates for employment, promotion, training or any other benefits, it is on the basis of aptitude and ability. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.