Head of Value Engineering
Copperleaf’s software helps some of the world’s largest energy firms make better strategic decisions. Join our team as we continue to enable our clients to build more resilient and sustainable infrastructure. We have a track record of delivering award-winning, industry-changing solutions.
We’re looking for our first dedicated Head of Value Engineering, who is expected to build up a team of Value Engineering focused consultants to support business development and sales teams globally to build bespoke value case proposals for select accounts.
Value is at the centre of the Copperleaf proposition; in championing this cornerstone Copperleaf initiative, you and your team will support the sales team which includes Account Executives (AE) and Business Development (BD) to not only identify specific value levers that Copperleaf can unlock at those accounts, but also conduct required analysis to quantify value-at-stake and build a compelling story to position Copperleaf solutions accordingly.
You consider yourself as an outcome-driven business advisor, who can identify clients’ perceived and real challenges, develop perspectives on these and confidently execute analysis and compelling narratives. The Value Engineering team will spend time working on simultaneous projects - conducting research, developing hypotheses, iteratively analysing and creating high-value Copperleaf narratives for prospects.
- Provide project management oversight required to meet expectations of your customers (internal BD and sales teams) on concurrent Value Engineering projects
- Provide leadership and coaching to your team members ensuring quality research and analysis, insightful synthesis and impactful recommendations to unlock value.
- Leverage your own analytical skills to problem solve and appraise market intelligence to inform and triangulate analysis and recommendations
- Consult business development and sales teams on Value Engineering approaches for their accounts, and support teams in tasks ranging from desktop research to technical analysis and final report preparation
- Coach and when needed, attend client meetings (together with AEs) to support value-based discussions, validate Value Engineering hypotheses and recommendations
- Develop your team members, ensuring career development and growth within Copperleaf
- Continually improve and develop Copperleaf’s Value Engineering approach, considering the different industries that we serve, the different levels of maturity of prospect accounts and our growing product suite and capability
Qualifications & Considerations
- You’re curious and resourceful, and enjoy problem solving, analysing, and gathering insights to support consultative client interactions; you have in your career-to-date led client projects of reasonable complexity (topic, stakeholders, project circumstances) to deliver impactful outcomes
- You’re highly numerate with strong analytical skills and have a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject, e.g., Engineering, Natural Sciences, Business/ Accounting, or related subject. Ideally you have 5 years minimum experience in management consulting, have an MBA or can demonstrate experience holding a management position, leading strategic efforts, and participating in business decision-making
- You are playing, or have played, a trusted advisor role, with clients seeking your advice on business issues that may extend beyond immediate scope of your project work
- You have a keen attention to detail and strong organization skills, and have managed project delivery teams in the past
- You thrive on providing insightful analysis to your customers, challenging their thinking and assumptions, and are keen to lead a cornerstone initiative for Copperleaf
We recognize that talent comes in many forms, so we’re looking for passion, enthusiasm and transferable skills.
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, we’re committed to building a great culture because we know it sets us apart. Culture is at the very core of everything we do, and it’s what makes people want to be part of the market-leading company we’re building. We are a global team of world-class innovators continually pushing the limits of what’s possible to deliver exceptional value and extraordinary experiences to our clients. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Tech Association’s Tech Culture of the Year, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation.