Global Vice President, Marketing
Copperleaf’s enterprise software helps some of the world’s largest firms make better strategic
decisions. We have a track record of delivering award-winning, industry-changing solutions that enable our clients to operationalize their ESG and sustainability strategies. Our solutions empower them to build optimal investment plans that proactively manage risk, improve performance, and maximize value for every dollar spent. Join our team as we continue to enable our clients to build more resilient and sustainable infrastructure.
We have a unique opening for a Global Vice President, Marketing to join our Executive leadership team. This role is for an accomplished marketing leader who can inspire and lead our global marketing teams to achieve our growth objectives and grow our highly respected brand globally.
This role includes a balance of strategic collaboration with the company management team, support for sales and marketing in the regions, and direct leadership of the Hub Marketing team. The VP of Marketing will set aggressive yet achievable goals for the marketing teams worldwide and work together across the teams to ensure the successful delivery of those goals. This includes the establishment of global budgets, on-going management to those budgets, and tracking of key metrics to ensure excellent Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI).
Keys to Success & Responsibilities
The Global Vice President, Marketing will be accountable to:
- Collaborate with our regional marketing teams to develop our global marketing strategy & execute our marketing plans to deliver on Copperleaf’s growth objectives
- Attract exceptional talent to join our marketing teams, motivate them with purposeful work, and inspire them to grow as the company grows
- Build a world class marketing team that pulls together to overcome challenges and innovates for our future success
- Lead the marketing team to continuously grow the Copperleaf brand globally in all the industry sectors we serve
- Lead the Hub marketing team, fostering a service mentality towards our regional sales and marketing teams to assist us in delivering on our shared growth objectives
- Drive close collaboration between our marketing teams and product management/industry management to ensure the development of effective content to support our sales & marketing activities worldwide
- Create and execute effective communication strategies to drive demand for Copperleaf solutions, highlight our client successes, and attract top talent to join the company
Vision & Strategy
- Collaborate across all global marketing teams to develop and communicate a compelling Marketing strategy
- Drive the realization of Copperleaf’s vision and business strategy through judicious marketing investments
- Discover and deploy marketing technologies that can improve the effectiveness/ROMI of Copperleaf’s marketing efforts
- Track key marketing metrics to drive continuous improvement
Executive Leadership & Commercial Awareness
- Be a member of the executive team and represent global marketing at the executive level
- Collaborate across the global marketing teams to develop our global marketing strategy & plans, expand the Copperleaf brand, and provide the necessary marketing support to achieve our business goals
- Have a solid commercial awareness of the software industry, our competitors, and Copperleaf’s position and key differentiators
- Drive successful industry Analyst Relations programs (i.e. Gartner, Verdantix, etc..) to build understanding of our differentiated solutions and market position
- Understand Copperleaf’s business and the interdependencies between marketing and other departments and regions
- Act as Co-Chair of the Copperleaf Community Advisory Board, and ensure proper representation and engagement by that group to drive the success of the Copperleaf community
High Performing & Engaged Teams
- Build high performing and innovative marketing teams by attracting and retaining exceptional talent and create an incredible employee experience
- Ensure career development and growth opportunities for both marketing and leadership skills
- Appreciate the value of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and dedicated to continuous improvement
- Build engaged, motivated, and empowered teams that embody Copperleaf’s culture
- Ensure business continuity through intentional succession planning
- 10+ years’ experience leading and inspiring marketing teams in a senior leadership role
- 10+ years’ experience marketing complex technology solution into B2B markets
- Experience in successfully building and scaling a marketing team
- Proven success envisioning, developing, and executing marketing plans to deliver business results
- Knowledge of key marketing functions and ability to structure effective organizational operating models
- Demonstrated ability managing teams to overcome challenges including cross regional collaboration
- A collaborative leader who is transparent and intentionally shares information to relevant stakeholders
- Experience in developing budget, resourcing, and headcount plans to ensure the marketing team can deliver the business’s priorities. Communicate and manage the execution of plans within cost and schedule targets
- An engaging speaker who can present in front of groups
Nice to have:
- Experience marketing highly complex enterprise SaaS solutions
- Experience marketing to global markets
- Experience with advanced marketing technologies
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, we’re committed to building a great culture because we know it sets us apart. Culture is at the very core of everything we do, and it’s what makes people want to be part of the market-leading company we’re building. We are a global team of world-class innovators continually pushing the limits of what’s possible to deliver exceptional value and extraordinary experiences to our clients. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Tech Association’s Tech Culture of the Year, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation. We are also proud to be a proactive equal-opportunity employer.