Contract Specialist (Term)
DistillerSR Inc. is the market leader in AI-enabled literature review automation software and creator of DistillerSR™. Today, more than 300 of the world’s leading research organizations, including more than 60 percent of the largest pharmaceutical and medical device companies, trust DistillerSR to securely produce transparent, audit-ready, and regulatory compliant literature reviews faster and more accurately than any other method.
When you join the team, we will be seeking your commitment and personal accountability to deliver outstanding quality and results enabling us to exceed our customer’s expectations. In return, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to learn, grow and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential.
Reporting to the DistillerSR Inc.’s General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer, the Contract Specialist is a critical role within the organization. The incumbent supports the coordination of contract reviews, ensuring effective collaboration across all business units. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, will be well-organized, demonstrate exceptional communication and time management skills and be able to act without guidance when required.
Please note this is a twelve (12) month term. Only applications submitted with a cover letter will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Reviewing, amending, and negotiating customer and vendor contracts
● Co-ordinating different levels of contract review
● Maintaining corporate record keeping relating to customer and consultant/ sub-contractor contracts
● Co-ordination and maintenance of workflow for customer & consultant/ sub-contractor contracts to keep documentation up to date and complete.
● Developing, maintaining, and updating contract and proposal templates
● Providing support for use and management of DocuSign and Salesforce across the Sales and Legal workspaces
● Assisting General Counsel in addressing and identifying additional legal matters that arise from time to time
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable consultations with personnel will be made, if possible, under business conditions
● Reports to General Counsel (MDK).
● Sales team
● Regular and broad interaction with all departments and groups within DistillerSR as needed.
● Interactions with external customers and vendors such as DocuSign Salesforce, Descartes, and any other legal specific tools.
● Professional demeanor, self-starter, and team player
● Ability to accurately complete required daily tasks in a timely manner
● Focus on customer service needs to be a priority for visitors and internal clients at all levels of the organization
● Overall fast pace and changing environment to be more quality focused
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
● Ability to multi-task and perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising limited discretion and providing multi-stake holder recommendations in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
o Extended periods of sitting/computer use
o Occasional kneeling and crouching
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
● College/University degree, specialization and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to DistillerSR
● 3-5 years legal and administrative experience
● Experience in commercial contracting
● Familiarity with privacy, data protection/retention requirements, and SaaS tools considered assets
● Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Visio and PowerPoint); Google Workspaces; DocuSign; Salesforce; and Atlassian workflow products