Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2022
Please note that we are hiring candidates who are available to work Sunday to Thursday
Customer Support at Jane isn’t just a regular ol’ support job. Our Support team is at the heart of Jane and we have multiple avenues for people to take their careers. Whether you want to grow as an Individual Contributor that’s consistently delighting our customers and learning the depths of Jane as we scale, specializing in a complex area such as Payments and Imports, or growing into a Team Captain. Don’t be surprised then that we expect a lot from our Support team. We’re always ready to adapt to different support channels (i.e. livechat, phones, emails) and collaborate across the teams (product, marketing, content, etc) in order to build an awesome product. For example, our Support team also functions as our Sales team taking part in our demos and onboarding experience of our customers.
Jane has been built by building trusted relationships with our customers. We’re proud to share that 85% of our customers come from word of mouth from the Support and community that we have built. This is why empathy and relationship-building skills are pinnacles within our support team. If you love speaking with customers, understanding their challenges, and making their lives easier, this opportunity may be for you.
At Jane, we want our Support team to build strong relationships with our customers, help improve our product and answer any questions that come up from our customers (the sky is the limit here) as Support is dependent on accurate and timely responses. Jane is on a mission to enhance and automate our workflows and use data to make informed decisions. That being said, we value quality and genuine connection over purely hitting targets. We have extremely lovely and happy users, and this consistent message from their time before joining Jane and then after signing up is one of the reasons why.
As a Support team member, your day-to-day will be fast-paced switching context from our three different channels (phones, live chat, and email) to match where our customers want to communicate with us. You’ll also get to use your Sales gene to speak to those interested in Jane, but not yet customers through the live channels above or running online demonstrations.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Here is our internal Jane Values document that gives you a more detailed look at what it takes to succeed at Jane.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 380 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Compensation Expectations for the Role
Jane’s committed to paying our team members fairly, clearly, and above all, paying for growth. This is reflected by a strong starting annual salary of $60,000 CAD for all Customer Support Representatives at Jane. You’ll be eligible for a salary increase each year on your work anniversary that will reflect the hard work you’ll be doing to meet our customers’ high bar and the growth you’ll be experiencing in a fast-paced, high growth environment. Joining Jane’s Support team will allow you to build a career with a variety of paths. Some folks will build deep knowledge and expertise in their roles to become Senior Product Specialists. Others may shift gears into “Expert” roles in areas such as Jane Payments, Technical Escalations, and Demos. Some may want to broaden their scope to step into people leadership roles like Team Captains and one day, Country Leads. Each of these career paths come with clear compensation expectations of what you can expect on your work anniversary based on the hard work you’ll put in and growth you’ll experience.
The impact you'll have:
- You’ll be supporting customers through various channels including phone, live chat, and email support. Jane’s product has a lot to offer including Scheduling, Payments, Insurance, and Telehealth so context-switching is key!
- Demos: This is your chance to get curious and understand what our potential customers are looking for from Jane and whether we can offer that to them. This isn’t a sales pitch per se but an opportunity for you to ensure Jane is continuing to create a true product market fit.
- Onboarding Calls: This is one of the most important times in a clinic's journey with Jane, and everyone uses Jane a little bit differently. Understanding your customer is crucial and this is where we help clinics get comfortable with using Jane by bringing their vision of how they'd like to use it to life.
- Troubleshooting and investigating a variety of customer questions related to day-to-day clinic operations.
- Ensure customer retention and satisfaction - contribute to Jane’s reputation and effectively build strong relationships across the Jane community.
- Lead your interactions with empathy and curiosity. Guide our customers in achieving their goals - make Jane valuable.
The experience we feel we need:
- You bring experience in a high-growth SaaS/Product Support environment and have demonstrated an improver mindset by cross-functioning with other teams and delivering customer feedback to help our product grow.
- Prior experience with communication and CRM toolings such as HelpScout, TalkDesk, and Slack.
- You love to learn and read between the lines. You’re tech-savvy and always eager to find efficient workflows.
- Agility: You’re an individual who can adapt to various situations, people, and groups. You’re quick to switch context and geared up for the next task.
- Intention: You have the ambition to always understand the why behind things. You stay curious and deeply connect with our customers and you’re able to confidently explain Janes why.
- Resilience: The capacity to learn from opportunities and be receptive to feedback. You’re able to adjust to new workflows and ride the wave of an evolving product.
- Self-starter: The ability to be curious, resourceful, and driven to find a solution. You’re excited by fast-paced work and want to improve and achieve Janes goals as a team. You come ready to act on opportunities with optimism and resilience.
- Passion: You’re committed to growing and thriving in the support role. Delighting customers and providing a lasting impression excites you. Those AHA moments motivate you.
- Experience with the Allied Health Industry
- Experience with customer onboarding
- Extra points if you've ever done demos for a product
- We offer a relaxed environment at Jane, if you need to stretch during your interview, use a stand-up desk, or attend to personal matters like letting your barking dog out, that's fine. We also have a casual dress code.
- Our hiring process consists of a 45-minute Zoom call with our recruiter, where they will discuss your background, motivations, and provide information about the role, Jane, compensation, and benefits.
- Take-home Skills Assessment to be completed within 4 days
- 60-minute Team Interview with 2 people from our Hiring Team (Team Captain, Trainer, Lead, or Director)
- Afterward, our team will hold a debriefing session to discuss their feedback. To mitigate bias, feedback is not discussed among team members until this meeting.
- Throughout the process, your recruiter will provide regular check-ins, updates, and feedback. Assuming all goes well, we will then proceed to the offer and reference check stage. If we decide to keep in touch in the future, you'll be provided with detailed feedback as to why.
A final note: Jane is a growth company, which means that the role is always evolving as the company grows and expands. To be happy at Jane requires a level of comfort with ambiguity and grit.
If you want to get started, prepare the following application:
1. Cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit at Jane - tell us why we’d be making a huge mistake if we don’t hire you :)
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.