US Insurance Expert
Florida, USA · Georgia, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Currently, Jane can hire employees in Florida, Georgia, Washington, and California. We're working to expand eligibility for hiring to include more states in the future.
In 2023, Jane achieved a significant milestone by integrating with ClaimMD to remove friction of the billing experience for our US customers. As part of our commitment to our vision of "More Happier Helpers" we're expanding our team and actively seeking folks who embody the spirit of exceptional customer service. The US market is a key focus in our growth strategy, and we are looking for qualified candidates across the United States to help Jane grow.
Our Support Team is award-winning and one of a kind as they handle the sales cycle, onboarding, support, and success with our customers. Our Team has deep knowledge of Canadian and US Allied Health and as the product grows and improves, we continue to learn more about our Helpers (i.e. The Providers) and their needs. Our Canadian clinics have been using a couple of different Insurance integrations and now that we are integrating directly with a Clearinghouse, we are looking to build out our expertise in-house to support our Support Team in learning, knowledge management for customers to self-serve and for our team and onboard new hires.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want within your State. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack.
We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
Compensation Expectations for the Role
Jane’s committed to paying our team members fairly, clearly, and above all, paying for growth. This is reflected by a strong starting annual salary of $72,000 USD for the US Insurance Expert role here at Jane. You’ll be eligible for a salary increase each year on your work anniversary that will reflect the hard work you’ll be doing to meet our customers’ high bar and the growth you’ll be experiencing in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
The impact you'll have:
- Conduct bi-weekly office hours to provide dedicated support to our customer billing community, addressing queries, and offering guidance on various aspects of the billing process.
- Perform meticulous reviews of support posts in relevant Slack channels, focusing on accuracy and identifying learning gaps or opportunities for improvement within the team.
- Analyze support posts related to rejections with our Claim.MD integration, identifying trends, and proactively offering content, guidance, and feedback to enhance resolution efficiency.
- Monitor support channels for customer requests, specifically new requirement queries, and collaborate with the product development team to relay valuable insights for continuous improvement.
- Serve as the escalation resource for US Insurance Billing, handling complex issues, and ensuring timely resolution to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Leverage expertise in US Insurance Billing to create educational content, including external guides and internal support team resources, fostering continuous learning and development within the team.
The experience we feel we need:
- Works or worked as a biller across the US (bonus if you’ve billed in CA, TX, NY or FL) with Physical Therapy, Chiropractic and Acupuncture with Jane
- Experience with provider credentialing; eligibility checks + prior authorizations; submitting claims (commercial, auto, medicare/medicaid, personal injury) including claim dispute and claim rejections and denials; and patient collections
- Keen to continue doing billing to keep real-world experience and how rules and billing is changing over time
- Comfortable and Confident to act as the escalation point for billing questions from our Team
- Improver mindset to help Jane build US Insurance Billing knowledge across our internal teams and Customers
- Strong Team player as you will work cross-functionally with our other teams (i.e. Community, Marketing, Product, etc)
- Deep understanding by specialty of requirements to bill for Commercial, BCBS, Medicaid, and Medicare and how those requirements are impacted by State regulations
- Human and Helpful Communication style
As well as a great team, you’ll also get:
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- A one-time $500 USD total work-from-home stipend for a desk and/or a chair (i.e., you can spend the entire amount on a desk or just a chair, or split the $500 how you’d like between the two).
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
A final note: Jane is a growth company, which means that the role is always evolving as the company grows and expands. To be happy at Jane requires a level of comfort with ambiguity and grit.
If you want to get started, prepare the following application:
1. Cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit at Jane - tell us why we’d be making a huge mistake if we don’t hire you :)
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.