Cyber Security Manager
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
We are seeking an experienced Cyber Security Manager who possesses a strong aptitude for managerial responsibilities, coupled with a hands-on approach to addressing security challenges. This person will oversee the integration of security into the development lifecycle at Jane and lead a team of cybersecurity professionals. This is a role that offers both technical challenges and leadership opportunities, making it a very impactful role within the cybersecurity domain within Jane. This person will enhance the security of our products, build and lead a team of cybersecurity professionals, and ensure the highest standards of privacy and security.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack.
We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment. With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
Compensation Expectations for the Role
Jane’s committed to paying our team members fairly, clearly, and above all, paying for growth. This role has a minimum annual salary of $146,400 and a maximum annual salary of $228,600. As you may have noticed, this salary range is quite large, and this is intentional to account for the growth someone will experience in the role throughout their time at Jane (i.e., from building the skills, to accomplished, to highly proficient, all the way to achieving excellence in the role). When hiring talented folks to join the Jane team, we’ve found that new team members are best set up for success when hired with the expectation of being fully accomplished in the role, which for this role would reflect a salary between $173,800 to $182,900. It's also possible to join Jane at a salary above or below this, which would mean a salary below $173,800 which typically reflects someone who has all the potential to be fully accomplished in the role but doesn't yet possess all the skills required, while a salary above $182,900 is typically for individuals who are currently in this role at Jane and had the opportunity to make a significant positive impact on our customers, product and company with deep Jane knowledge.
More information on Jane's benefits package can be found here.
The impact you could have...
- Manage and guide the cybersecurity team focusing on software and application development, ensuring the implementation of best practices in security coding and design.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management teams to integrate security measures into the development lifecycle, including conducting threat modelling and security reviews.
- Drive the development and implementation of automated security testing and validation practices.
- Play a key role in the identification and mitigation of security vulnerabilities in applications, services, and infrastructure.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Jane's cybersecurity frameworks, policies, and procedures, ensuring alignment with industry standards and compliance requirements.
- Facilitate the adoption of new security technologies and methodologies, maintaining an up-to-date understanding of emerging threats and trends.
- Develop and monitor key security metrics to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of security measures and the overall cybersecurity posture.
- Manage relationships with vendors and external partners to enhance Jane's cybersecurity capabilities.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the cybersecurity team, fostering a collaborative and learning-oriented environment.
- Opportunity to champion the security of our digital environment and contribute to our mission of securely helping the helpers.
The experience we feel we need...
- Proven experience in managing a cybersecurity team, with a focus on software and application development security.
- Strong technical background in security aspects of software development, cloud security, and application security.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to influence and engage effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A commitment to continuous learning and staying abreast of the latest cybersecurity trends and technologies.
- Experience in developing and implementing security strategies within a software development or tech-focused organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions based on a comprehensive understanding of organizational security needs.
- This role is ideal for a cybersecurity professional who is passionate about developing secure software solutions and leading a team towards achieving excellence in cybersecurity practices.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.