US Customer Support
Florida, USA · Georgia, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Currently, Jane can hire employees in Florida, Georgia, Washington, and California. We're working to expand eligibility for hiring to include more states in the future.
In 2023, Jane achieved a significant milestone by integrating with ClaimMD to remove friction of the billing experience for our US customers. As part of our commitment to our vision of "More Happier Helpers" we're expanding our team and actively seeking folks who embody the spirit of exceptional customer service. The US market is a key focus in our growth strategy, and we are looking for qualified candidates across the United States to help Jane grow.
Our mission is to "Help the Helpers" and you'll have the opportunity to play a vital role in contributing to this mission. Your dedication and expertise will be crucial as we refine our market fit and helping the lives of clinics and patients. Expect a lot from our Support team, which plays a pivotal role in various support channels (live chat, phones, emails) and collaborates across teams to build an awesome product.
We are actively seeking candidates who are passionate about understanding US billing intricacies and eager to improve the clinic experience. If you are passionate about making a meaningful impact in healthcare, thrive in a collaborative environment, and are ready to be part of an exciting journey, we invite you to explore this opportunity with Jane.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere within your State. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack.
We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
Compensation Expectations for the Role
Jane’s committed to paying our team members fairly, clearly, and above all, paying for growth. This is reflected by a strong starting annual salary of $60,000 USD for all Customer Support Representatives at Jane. You’ll be eligible for a salary increase each year on your work anniversary that will reflect the hard work you’ll be doing to meet our customers’ high bar and the growth you’ll be experiencing in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Joining Jane’s Support team will allow you to build a career with a variety of paths. Some folks will build deep knowledge and expertise in their roles to become Senior Product Specialists. Others may shift gears into “Expert” roles in areas such as Jane Payments, Technical Escalations, and Demos. Some may want to broaden their scope to step into people leadership roles like Team Captains and one day, Country Leads. Each of these career paths come with clear compensation expectations of what you can expect on your work anniversary based on the hard work you’ll put in and growth you’ll experience.
The impact you'll have:
- You’ll be supporting customers through various channels including phone, live chat, and email support. Jane’s product has a lot to offer including Scheduling, Payments, Insurance, and Telehealth so context-switching is key!
- Demos: This is your chance to get curious and understand what our potential customers are looking for from Jane and whether we can offer that to them. This isn’t a sales pitch per se but an opportunity for you to ensure Jane is continuing to create a true product market fit.
- Onboarding Calls: This is one of the most important times in a clinic's journey with Jane, and everyone uses Jane a little bit differently. Understanding your customer is crucial and this is where we help clinics get comfortable with using Jane by bringing their vision of how they'd like to use it to life.
- Troubleshooting and investigating a variety of customer questions related to day-to-day clinic operations.
- Ensure customer retention and satisfaction - contribute to Jane’s reputation and effectively build strong relationships across the Jane community.
- Lead your interactions with empathy and curiosity. Guide our customers in achieving their goals - make Jane valuable.
- The opportunity to work closely with our valued US customers, contributing to their success by providing comprehensive support in intricate areas such as US insurance, billing, and even the chance to engage with them firsthand at conferences. Your role will be instrumental in fostering strong client relationships and ensuring a seamless experience.
The experience we feel we need:
- You have experience working in an Allied Health Clinic setting
- Prior experience with an EMR/EHR system. Bonus if it's Jane
- You love to learn and read between the lines. You’re tech-savvy and always eager to find efficient workflows.
- Agility: You’re an individual who can adapt to various situations, people, and groups. You’re quick to switch context and geared up for the next task.
- Intention: You have the ambition to always understand the why behind things. You stay curious and deeply connect with our customers and you’re able to confidently explain Janes why.
- Resilience: The capacity to learn from opportunities and be receptive to feedback. You’re able to adjust to new workflows and ride the wave of an evolving product.
- Self-starter: The ability to be curious, resourceful, and driven to find a solution. You’re excited by fast-paced work and want to improve and achieve Janes goals as a team. You come ready to act on opportunities with optimism and resilience.
- Passion: You’re committed to growing and thriving in the support role. Delighting customers and providing a lasting impression excites you. Those AHA moments motivate you.
As well as a great team, you’ll also get:
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- A one-time $500 USD total work-from-home stipend for a desk and/or a chair (i.e., you can spend the entire amount on a desk or just a chair, or split the $500 how you’d like between the two).
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
A final note: Jane is a growth company, which means that the role is always evolving as the company grows and expands. To be happy at Jane requires a level of comfort with ambiguity and grit.
If you want to get started, prepare the following application:
1. Cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit at Jane - tell us why we’d be making a huge mistake if we don’t hire you :)
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.